Friday, July 25, 2014

I've Gotten WAY Off Track

It happens. Just like that. All of the focus and hard work fell away. I don't know why it happened, a series of things I guess, but I decided that putting it in black and white, here, where someone might read it, would make me accountable. So here it is. This is me calling myself out. Not harshly, but completely. Shit happens. I'm not going to beat myself up too much and I'm still going to enjoy my birthday trip to Vegas guilt free. In the meantime, it's curtains for you sugar, salt, dairy, meat and everything nasty. Don't freak if it happens to you too. Old habits are hard to break. Various articles report anywhere from 21-250 days to break old habits and/or form new ones.

It's not even like I'm talking about weeks of debauchery. A couple days of poor food choices is all it really is. When I have a problem, I like to approach the source with solution in mind. Similarly, as an atta girl to myself, I may have gotten somewhat off track food wise, I am kicking ass with me running schedule. Even when I wake up to that 5AM alarm and groan, I do it. I get out of bed and onto the treadmill. I think that's really the goal isn't it.......constant improvement NOT perfection.
I am the little engine that could. I'll think I can until I get to "I knew I could"!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment